Every journey begins with the first step.
Every journey begins with the first step. The Port makes it easy to search for local minority and women-owned businesses. We provide a business database as a reference source to improve access to and for women and minority-owned businesses.
The Port MWBE Business Database
The Port of Caddo-Bossier Database Opportunities include:
- Advocacy for participation and invitations to pre-bid meetings
- Access for MBEs and WBEs to form joint ventures and subcontracts with prime contractors
- Business opportunity fairs to allow Minority and Women Enterprises to present themselves to prime contractors, governmental agencies, quasi-governmental, and other opportunities
- Customized Education Workshops which concentrates on training and technical assistance to create tools for Minority and – –
Women Ownedfirms, such as bonding workshops and leadership conferences
- eNewsletter which contains information of upcoming bid opportunities, updates on current projects, and other opportunities
RFPs, business leads, and alerts for procurement opportunities from corporate members
- Inclusion and access to a computerized database to match MBEs and WBEs with contract opportunities to ensure maximum participation for the Port of Caddo- Bossier
Frequently Asked Questions
What is required to become a part of the M/WBE Program?
Filling out an application
Are there any personal net worth and business net worth restrictions?
There are no personal or business net worth restrictions.
Who should I contact if I have questions about the M/WBE Program?
The Port (318) 524-2272 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the opportunities available for my firm if I proceed with certifying my firm?
See the Database Opportunities document